Going off to college can be a stressful time but here are a few simple tips that could help de-stress your life when moving away for the first time.
2. Join a club, sorority, or any type of group that you can meet new people. Being involved in activities helps you make friends and do something useful.
3. Determine what things are relaxing and fun and make a list.
4. Determine what things cause stress and make a list.
5. Increase the things that are relaxing and fun.
6. Decrease the things that cause stress.
7. Spend time with people you care about and that care about you. If you don’t have anyone close to you at school yet, make sure you maintain contact with your close friends and family. This is a way for you to process what you are experiencing in your new life.
8. Try to replace worrying with positive thoughts. It is so easy to let your mind think only negative things.
10. Get adequate rest. If you are going to stay up late make sure you can sleep in the next day.