Get Ready For Summer Social Skills Camps Orlando Florida FL
Summertime is the perfect time to help your child improve his or her social skills in preparation for the upcoming school year. Does your child try too hard to make friends laugh, even at his own expense? Do you find your daughter isolated or withdrawing from friends? Are you concerned friends do not call to hang out with your student? If this is your student they may be a great candidate for our Social Skills Camps!
Total Life Counseling Center offers a variety of weekly social skills groups for youth aged 6 through 18 & young adults. But we know that entering a new school or a new grade can be a very stressful time. That is why in addition to our groups we are proud to be offering a week long summer camp that will focus on building leadership and social skills to catch your student up socially, and help them be prepared in the Fall by closing the gap socially! Kids from all over the country have attended Jim’s camps as well as from the Caribbean Islands!
More Videos on This Topic
Call 407-248-0030 for a 15 minute complimentary call today!
Social Skills camps and groups focus on these key areas of socialization:
- Recognizing non-verbal cues
- Teaching about personal space
- Promoting healthy ways to get attention instead of using annoying behavior
- Increasing self confidence
- Increasing eye contact
- Promoting taking an interest in peers, rather than being self-centered.
- Conversation skills
- Teaching the difference between being “assertive” and “bossy”
- Controlling impulses and blurting out responses
- Managing anger
- Dealing with provocation from peers
- Coping skills
Who benefits from attending social skills camps and groups:
- Most children who have trouble with any of the areas listed above
- Aspergers and Autistic Spectrum
- ADHD/ADD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)- Most are behind socially up to 25%
- Children who are bullied or have trouble responding to teasing.
- Have trouble connecting to same age peers
- Depression or anxiety, especially when engaging in conversation with peers
- Who do not have friends calling to do things
Total Life Counseling Center’s adhd social skills camp is structured to provide your child with the tools he or she needs to survive another school year. At our camp, your child will be reassured as they meet others who are struggling with the same concerns. They will be able to work through their concerns with the empathy and support of other campers, which can continue throughout the fall during our weekly social skills groups.
NOTE: you can freely redistribute this resource, electronically or in print, provided you leave the authors contact information below intact.
Author: James L West, MA, LMHC, NCC, Communicator, Author, Coach and Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Co-Author: Kaylee Murdaugh, Student Intern