Therapist and Counselor Dana Risucci West | Therapy for Addiction, Sexual Abuse & Trauma Counseling Issues Orlando and Boca Raton Florida
What Clients Say about Dana | Testimonials:
- Sexual Abuse – “So many people treat sexual abuse, but Dana understands it at a level that most do not and she addresses the core issues around abuse.”
- Depression – “Dana is an angel from God and I can tell her anything. I have never felt so comfortable and able to tell my deep dark secrets!”
- Trauma - “Dana knows the right things to say at the right time! She understands me like no other counselor and facilitates my healing!”
- College Student – “She is awesome and I love her!”
- Abuse – “I’ve been to so many therapists and Dana is the first counselor who understands all the other areas which surrounds sexual abuse! She is such a gift!”
- Addictions – “Dana sees right through me and calls me out on my issues without judgment!”
Media Interviews our Experts on Abuse and Addictions Issues
Are you a survivor of emotional, physical, or sexual abuse? Are you lacking joy in your everyday life? Do you find yourself doing the same foolish, irrational or irresponsible behavior over and over? Do you usually feel different and inadequate in social situations? Do you feel like you have been isolating or running from your past and feelings? Imagine accepting and loving yourself inside and out and accomplishing your dreams, goals, and aspirations. Dana’s smile and warmth makes it easy for clients to connect with her and feel a sense of hope that she can help! Dana’s client’s love her so much often they continue to see her for mentoring and coaching long after they have resolved their issues! Dana can help you find balance and joy in your work and your relationships, and improve your feelings of self-worth. Dana specializes in helping women to truly love themselves and to let go of belief systems and emotions that interfere with their authentic spiritual growth and purpose.
Dana specializes in addressing all issues that impede a woman’s growth by using an authentic, compassionate, and honest approach. She provides a safe, warm environment that allows women to really address their core feelings. Dana believes that women are resilient and tend to put themselves last to take care of everyone else. Women need to be heard and validated to be able to heal and to learn how to nurture themselves. Dana facilitates this process which can bring serenity, joy, and healing.
Dana’s expertise is with substance abuse, mood disorders, post traumatic stress disorder from sexual, physical, verbal, or emotional abuse, eating disorders, relationship and self-esteem issues.
Adolescents & Adults:
- Marriage and Relationship Issues
- Addictions & Substance Abuse- Dana utilizes 12 Steps and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) to help free individuals from addictions. At Total Life Counseling Center we use the SASSI (Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory) to assess the level of care needed for successful addictions or substance abuse therapy. The SASSI is also used for Florida Courts for Substance Abuse Assessments to fulfill court orders for assessment and treatment!
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Sexual Abuse Trauma
- Family Issues Related to Sexual Abuse and Codependency
- Physical Abuse
- Women’s Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Dissociative Disorders
Dana received her Masters Degree in Social Work at Florida Atlantic University and is a Florida State Licensed Clinical Social Worker SW9548. She completed her Bachelors Degree in Social Psychology at Florida Atlantic University. She became certified in EFT – Emotion Freedom Techniques for accelerated healing with Post Traumatic Stress. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can occur from physical, sexual, or emotional abuse as well as theft, loss, grief, rape, domestic violence and more.
Dana has been practicing since 2004 and has worked in community mental health centers, a residential addictions and mental health treatment center, and a full time private practice. Her expertise are addiction recovery, sexual abuse recovery, personality disorders, depression, anxiety, bi-polar, family codependency and relationship issues. Below are some of the facilities and centers where she has practiced.
Private Practice - Dana started her private practice in 2009 and was overwhelmed by how busy she became in just 3 short months due to the level of care, excellence and results her clients received. Her focus in private practice has been in addictions, womens issues, sexual abuse and trauma.
Wellness Resource Center - For 4 years Dana was a primary dual diagnosis therapist for addictions and mental health. She ran men and women’s groups as well as trauma and mental wellness. She was one of the favorite group facilitators by the patients as she is very engaging, entertaining and interactive.
Trees of Hope - Dana has facilitated several groups for sexual abuse victims at Trees of Hope in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She has been the director of facilitators since 2009. She has helped to multiply the groups by training multiple facilitators some of which have come through Dana’s groups. Many more women experience healing and freedom from their past abuse because of Dana’s excellent facilitator trainings.
Smith Community Mental Health - This was an alternative school day treatment program for emotionally handicapped children. She was a primary therapist for middle school children.
NASW – Dana is a member of the National Association of Social Workers.
Psychology Today - Dana is a licensed social work and certified by Psychology Today.
Call Dana NOW at (407) 248-0030 for a complimentary call 15 Minute Consultation!