Areas of Specialty
Thus far, as I am a life-long learner on this healing and mentoring journey, my trainings, current studies and certifications include:
- EFT Emotion Focused Therapy:
- Trauma work with couples – with Sue Johnson
- Externship – couples training with Michael Barnett
- Couples Core Skills levels 1 – 5 – with Michael Barnett & Debi Scimeca-Diaz
- Gottman Level 1 – training with Drs John & Julie Gottman
- Play Therapy – 4 courses (In certification process)
- TBRI Trust-Based Relational Intervention – training with Dr. Montserrat Casado
Shawn’s first career was working in multiple industries in Human Resource with companies like The Eckerd corporation; The Yankee Peddler and JByron’s , The Limited stores inc., Montgomery Wards & Ross. After 18 years, she left the corporate world for an even greater challenge and passion: motherhood. While homeschooling each of her four children she was also growing a successful and rewarding homebased business called “Stampin’ Up!” for 10 years.
Personal Message from Shawn:
Life transitions are difficult and through many of Shawn’s own, she discovered first-hand what a return to the workplace, education and ultimately to one’s true self, entails as she gathered the courage to boldly risk following a deep felt calling to study counseling. Shawn’s life journey has included many of the traumas, struggles, losses and deep grief that many of her clients or their loved ones have experienced in various stages of childhood, adolescence, adulthood, parenthood, marriage, or other intimate relationships. Major events, traumas and other changes in our lives are profound and often difficult to maneuver or face the resulting transitions on our own. She walks beside each individual, as a sojourner, towards a more self-aware, self-honoring, passionate and free life. It is Shawn’s privilege to offer a safe space and a healing relationship to her clients. To be invited into one’s life to walk through hard places with, is Shawn’s deepest honor.
Sometimes what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.”
~ Robert Tew
Are you ready for change? Choose courage, hope, be open, curious, willing to work, stretch, risk and find wholeness and connection on a deeper, more meaningful and fulfilling level.
“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” –Nelson Mandela
- FMHCA Florida Mental Health Counselors Association
- AAMFT American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy