What is their goal today?
• To learn
• Be polite
• Greet and affirm the teacher
• Greet and affirm my classmates – Make Peer Feel Like a Million Bucks
• Stay focused
• Stay out of trouble What are you supposed to do in class?
• Raise my hand
• Let other’s answer the questions […]
Orlando Counselor on Drug and Alcohol Prevention Success Evident in Florida Youth
The “war against drugs” in the schools is succeeding! The 2008 Florida Youth Substance Abuse Survey reported that every area of substance abuse declined from 2000-2008, with the exception of marijuana use and prescription drug abuse. Binge drinking (5 or more drinks in […]
Orlando Teen Counselor on 4 Warning Signs of an Abusive Teen Relationship
Having a teen dating in today’s world is quite a challenge! Because so many teens are accepting some level of abuse as “normal” in relationships, knowing the warning signs of a potentially abusive relationship become critical.
1. Relationship becomes very serious quickly
This is probably […]