Teasing Counseling & Therapy Services in Orlando, East Orlando, Lake Mary, Winter Park & Clermont Florida FL
Teaching Students to “Roll with Conflict”
“You are an idiot!”
“Why are you so weird!”
“Your mother sucks!”
“You’re so stupid & I hate you!”
Just a few emotional attacks that students endure at school. Some students react with aggression, some with tears and isolation, and others feel unaccepted and alone. Parents want so much to give their students the skills to deal with these attacks.
Students need help to respond without provoking, teasing back or without letting the aggressor see them upset or angry. Teaching students to roll with conflict with confidence and humor can help them defuse tension or hurt feelings, reduce additional teasing and build confidence. For example, if someone says “your an idiot” the victim could say “That’s the best thing I heard all day!’ Here are some more examples:
1. “You’re an Idiot!”-“Thank you!
2. “Freak”-“That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day”
3. “Stupid”-“You just made my day”
4. “I hate you”-“Woah, having a bad day?”
5. “Retard”-“You always bring out the best in me.”
6. “I hate you!”-”Somebody needs a hug.”
Download the Flyer below for more examples.
Give us a call if you need help with coaching your child to respond with confidence to teasing.
Teach Students Leadership & Social Skills So They Have Friends with Them
When students are taught ways to:
1. Show confidence
2. Increase eye contact
3. Greet friends and acquaintances
4. Start conversation
5. Take an interest and bring out the best qualities in those around them
6. Make their peers feel like a million bucks then they will have friends.
Once they have friends then they are less of target for bullying, teasing or provocation.