Premarital Counseling & Therapy Services in Orlando, East Orlando, Lake Mary, Winter Park & Clermont Florida FL
What is Pre-Marital Counseling?
Pre-marital counseling is simply the best way to become better prepared for the many challenges you will face in your marital relationship. Premarital counseling focuses on developing skills such as communication, handling conflict, solving problems, and making decisions. It also will help you develop the knowledge, attitudes, expectations, and characteristics that are important to creating a satisfying relationship.
Pre-marital counseling is designed to deal with the unique challenges you face in your relationship. Most books and seminars are geared towards a large audience and often will not address your direct needs.
What are the benefits of Pre-Marital Counseling?
Pre-marital counseling will help each partner assess his or her personal readiness for marriage. Premarital counseling will give you the skills to prevent or to be better able to deal with any difficult habits and unhealthy relationship patterns that can be hard to break once they are well established.
Total Life In The News
Total Life Counseling Anxiety OCD Experts Have Been Featured On Multiple TV Networks and News Stations:
Our subject matter experts have participated in over 150 national & local news interviews and they are here for you!
At Total Life Counseling Center our Counselors are Experts for National and Local TV, Radio and Print Media. We have an excellent reputation amongst graduate & private schools, attorneys, doctors, therapists, providers and corporations. We strive to ensure our therapists have diverse clinical backgrounds, to allow us to match each client to the therapist that will best meet his or her needs.
Call for a Complimentary 15 Minute Phone Consultation
Se Habla Español: We have Portuguese and Spanish speaking counselors as well.
What are the benefits of Pre-Marital Counseling?
- Pre-marital counseling will help each partner assess his or her personal readiness for marriage. Premarital counseling will give you the skills to prevent or to be better able to deal with any difficult habits and unhealthy relationship patterns that can be hard to break once they are well established.
ASK ABOUT HOW YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DISCOUNT ON YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE WITH OUR PREMARITAL CERTIFICATE!
- “Prepare and Enrich” is a customized couple assessment completed online that identifies a couple’s strength and growth areas. Based on a couple’s assessment results, a trained TLC facilitator provides 4-8 feedback sessions in which the facilitator helps the couple discuss and understand their results as they are taught proven relationship skills.
How many people have taken the Prepare and Enrich Program?:
- Over 2.5 million couples have taken the Prepare and Enrich Program (5 million people) since it began in 1980.
What are the Major Goals of the Prepare and Enrich Program?
- There are several goals of the PREPARE & ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventories?
- 12 Relationship Scales — communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales — based on the circumplex model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
Seven Reasons to get Pre-Marital Counseling:
- Communication. It is often said that men are clams, and women are like crow bars trying to pry information from their spouse or partner. Or men come from Mars, women are from Venus. Learning how each other communicates is a key to a successful marriage. Learning the tools of how to listen, how to understand different perceptions, knowing how to speak for yourself, and how to let your partner know you understand what they are saying are important keys to learn before entering into a marriage.
- Attitudes & Expectations. Most couples have discussed their major goals in life, their dreams and aspirations. But during pre-marital counseling, you will want to discuss each other’s attitudes and expectations concerning work, play, and daily household chores. How do you handle the individual steps to getting to the end result?
- Conflict Resolution. All marriages have problems and conflicts. No two people think or feel exactly the same way. Learn how to handle conflicts, be pro-active in handling your anger, and learn techniques that have been successful in fighting fair.
- Religious Beliefs. Whether or not you see yourself as religious, it is important to work though your beliefs as individuals and as a couple. How do you see God? Which church will you attend? Will you practice the same beliefs as your extended families?
- Finances. It is widely known that the #1 reason for divorce is money issues. Make sure that finances and managing money is part of your pre-marital counseling. Work out a budget and have clear expectations before you enter into marriage. Be aware of any previous debts that each other have accrued.
- Sexuality. Be willing and ready to express yourself openly and honestly in counseling. Sexual intimacy is more than just intercourse. Each couple should have the freedom to share, to enjoy, to love, and to learn about their sexual needs and desires prior to beginning their marriage relationship. Any prior abuse or traumas need to be discussed in counseling within a safe environment.
- Family Planning & Children. Though children may not be in your near future, it is necessary to discuss your plans and thoughts about starting a family. Communicating your thoughts and attitudes towards children now, before marriage, spares you many problems, misunderstandings, and heartaches after marriage.
We can help! Call us today.
Call For a Complimentary 15 Minute Phone Consultation. Se Habla Español: We have Portuguese and Spanish speaking counselors as well.