Camp was uber-awesomeness amazing fun times. Thanks for doing the camp “truly one of, if not, the greatest week of my life.
He had a really great week, thank you very much to Jim and Seth and all you very special caring people. Jim, you are an angel here on Earth doing very important work. We are lucky to have you in our lives!
“Tommy (Thomas as he now prefers) is doing awesome! You would be so amazed to see God’s work in progress. Your leadership camp has changed Tommy’s life!
He really enjoyed camp! The best story was about his distractible and kind of stubborn horse who would not follow directions at first… when I asked what he did, he explained that as they got to know each other better, he started to do what I wanted him to… but he still kept looking over there because he has a short attention span…. when I asked why over there? he said come here and i will show you…. well, over there is where the donkeys and a couple of other animals were housed and his horse was more interested in them than what he was supposed to be doing…what a lesson for him in the car, on the way home he also shared about some of the talks and activities they participated in, the other boys, he considered basically all the boys in his dorm group as friends, vs. being the kid who only wants one or two good friends and insists on keeping a distance with all others….
Summer Leadership Horse Camp Information
Horse Facts-Learn the history of each horse and how that plays into their personality and how horses are similar to people. Students will compare socialization with horses with people and will learn how to pick up on non-verbals of horses, proper boundaries, how to connect with the horse, communicate and approach their horse.
- Grooming and Caring for the Horse
- Barn Chores
- Horseback Riding and Techniques
No matching videos
Spaces are Limited so Call Now to Register!
What to Do: Application-Day Camp Registration Packet
When: June 2, 2012, 12:30pm-4:00pm
Where: 15100 Lake Pickett Road Orlando, FL 32820
If you are lost call: (407) 929-0970
What to Bring:
- Bug Repellent & Sunscreen
- Closed toe shoes
- Jeans are recommended but shorts are acceptable
- Lunch is not provided
- Parent meeting is at 3:30pm
Orlando Horse Camp includes the incredible experiential learning of a challenge/ropes course, swimming and canoeing will be included. Students will receive coaching/mentoring in the following areas:
- For Students ages 6-17. Students will be divided by age groups at the Day Camp.
- Observe student interactions with peers and redirect them by providing tools for positive socialization.
- Campers will build relationships as they work together to solve each challenge, learning to trust each other and become trustworthy.
- Students will learn how to read the body language and non-verbals from a horse as well as empathy, trust, teamwork and respect.
- Character Building
- Leadership/Communication Skills
- Responding to Provoking/Bullying
- Anger Management/Conflict Resolution Coping Skills
- Support Learn to overcome fears by facing fears
- Reduce Depressive symptoms by building self-confidence
- Reduce Anxiety by building learning how to face fears
15 Symptoms or Tips to Identify Social Delays
If you can answer yes to two or more of these items about your student they may need help to connect socially with their peers and to prepare for the real world. Here are a few symptoms to look for:
- Doesn’t recognize non-verbal cues
- Gets in peers personal space
- Annoys to get attention because they do not know how to get it another way
- Low self confidence
- Poor eye contact
- Only interested in themselves rather than taking an interest in their peers
- Talks too much
- Lacks assertion
- Impulsive or blurts out responses
- Tries too hard to make friends laugh – thinks humor will make them friends
- Reacts to teasing and does not know how to roll with conflict
- Has a need for justice & fairness and judges peers
- Isolates or withdraws from peers
- Always wants to be first or wants to play what they want
- Kids do not call for play dates or to hang out!
Kids Leadership Camp – Fun Summer Camp Builds Kids & Teens Leadership, Learning & Life Skills – This adventure camp for students in the Orlando, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Metro West, Clermont, Lake Mary and the surrounding Central Florida areas. Students that may have social skills issues with their peer group or lack assertion/confidence benefit from participating in this Camp.
Call (407) 248-0030