Lyris Steuber, M.S, LMFT is a Lake Mary Psychotherapist, Marriage Counselor, Divorce Care Leader and Child and Adolescent Therapist. Philosophy of Care: Lyris Steuber, M.S, LMFT is a Lake Mary Psychotherapist, Marriage Counselor, Divorce Care Leader and Child and Adolescent Therapist who loves to help empower women, strengthen marriages and help children and teens overcome their fears and social and familial challenges.Using skills and techniques from Family Systems Theory, EFT, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, she will help you identify your personal growth areas and work with you to outline a plan for optimal growth and change.
Media Interviews our TLC experts on Marriage, Family, Abuse, Addictions and More
Play Therapy: Lyris loves to use play therapy techniques and may play legos with your child, battle dragons or play princesses with them encouraging your child to share their emotional struggles and helping to build their self-confidence all the while teaching focus and concentration skills. With teens she likes to incorporate elements of pop culture, social media and print to help teens express themselves and cope with self-esteem issues, bullying, depression or self-harming behaviors.
“Hi Lyris! You are most helpful to me and boys by doing what you have so far. Listening, giving honest feedback and guidence in a spiritual prospective. I am grateful in the way you speak to the boys. You break down so they can understand.”
“Lyris has been most helpful in helping me work through my emotional and situational problems. Providing short and long term coping strategies. It has been a blessing to have a safe place and someone to verbalize and work through some of the most difficult times of my life.”
“I mean, you’ve gone above and beyond helping me through the most difficult time of my life. Your counseling is extremely balanced, you tell me the hard realistic truth while also being sensitive and compassionate. You’ve encouraged me to be independent, guided me through making decisions not simply just telling me what to do…..that’s what I could come up with right now.”
Personal: Lyris received a Master’s of Science degree in Marriage & Family Therapy and a Certificate in Family Life Education from Loma Linda University in Southern California in 1996. She had previously gained her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Atlantic Union College in South Lancaster, Massachusetts. In 2003 she became a Board Certified Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist.Lyris is happily married and is a mother of two active toddlers. Like you she struggles to find the right home-life balance and is a proponent of having a strong family support system. This helped her overcome post-partum depression and she loves helping mothers find their own strength and ways to overcome this unexpected struggle. In her early adulthood, she endured the pain of
divorce and had to find her own identity again after relying on her ex-husband for much of her self-esteem. She loves helping women and encourages them to not look to a man as the only source of their happiness. After a time of healing, she became a Trained Divorce Care Leader and also has experience in conducting Divorce Care 4 Kids groups. When working with couples she encourages them to not easily give up on their marriages as when two people fight for their relationship even mistrust, infidelity, and poor communication can be overcome.
- Family Counseling
- Child Play Therapy
- Depression and Anxiety
- Couples Counseling
- Parental Support
- Anger Management
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Prenatal and Postpartum Depression
- Conflict Resolution
- Grief and Loss
- Divorce Recovery
- Trauma and Abuse
- Women’s Issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- She has maintained a private practice in the Orlando area for 10 years where she provides pre-marital and couples counseling, individual and family therapy and play and adolescent therapy.
- She was a therapist for University Behavioral Center’s Children’s Discovery Unit where she provided therapy to children coping with severe behavioral problems and abuse issues.
- Conducted in home and in school counseling in the Orlando area with at risk children and teens through outpatient counseling agencies: Behavioral Support Services and Kids Peace
- Worked at Corona Regional Medical Center in Southern California in the adult partial hospitalization unit treating severe mentally ill patients.
- Worked in the California and Florida Social Services System providing in home counseling to foster children and was promoted to Program Coordinator for Devereux’s Outpatient Behavioral Center in De Land, FL.
Professional Licenses and Associations:
- Lyris is a licensed Marriage and Fmily Therapist in the State of Florida (# MT 2075),
- She has held the Ethics & Diversity Chair for the Florida Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- She is a past board member of the Central Florida Association for Marriage & Family Therapy.
Media and Community Contributions:
- Lyris has published articles in Central Florida Posh Parenting and Seminole County Women’s Magazine
- Guest lecturer at Adventist University of Health Sciences where she lectures on healthy families and healthy relationships.
- Volunteers for her local church and has volunteered for Restore Orlando and Hands on Orlando.
Call Lyris Now for a Complimentary 15 Minute Phone Consultation – (407) 248-0030